Worried about getting a criminal record?

Are you worried about a criminal conviction ruining your future career prospects, your overseas travel plans or your application for residency or citizenship in Australia?

If you are convicted of an offence, it will form part of your criminal record. However, if a conviction is spent, you generally do not need to disclose the conviction and it will not be shown as an offence when you apply for a National Police Clearance.

If you are due to be sentenced for an offence, you may be able to apply for a Spent Conviction Order. In order to be granted a spent conviction, you must meet certain criteria.

The grant of a spent conviction is discretionary, and convincing the Magistrate that you meet the criteria can be difficult.

Our team of lawyers are highly experienced in spent conviction applications. We adapt each application to take into account your personal circumstances and are able to identify the relevant information that will give you the best chance of securing a spent conviction.

We strongly recommend that you obtain legal advice before applying for a spent conviction. Please call us now on (08) 9467 3333 for a FREE 15 minute phone consultation or click here to fill out an online enquiry.